Looking to raise money for your non-profit organization? Ever After Farms needs help picking ripe blueberries right now and is offering a special opportunity for local churches and other non-profits to raise money! Volunteers pick blueberries and we'll donate $2 per pound to their organization.
This is a great fundraiser for:
- Churches looking to raise money for Summer Mission trips
- Local Non-Profits that have a large number of helpful volunteers but need more financial resources for their organization
How It Works
- Register your organization at the bottom of this page. It must be a 501c3 organization to qualify. Our team will contact the leader and set up the organization our the system.
- Volunteers visit Ever After Farms Blueberry Farm during normal business hours (Thursday: 9AM to 6PM; Friday-Sunday: 9AM to 2PM) and pick as many blueberries as they want. When they are done picking, they bring the blueberries to our U-Pick stand at the front of the Farm and indicate which organization they were picking for. We will weigh the blueberries and attribute those pounds to their organization's account. And that's it! We take care of the blueberries from there.
- Ever After Farms will mail a check to the organization in the amount of $2 per pound of blueberries picked.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do Volunteers Need Any Special Equipment?
None! But they should bring comfortable walking shoes (because they will do plenty of walking) and apply sunscreen and/or wear a hat (because there is no shade from the Florida sun out in the blueberry field).
How Many Pounds of Blueberries Can Someone Pick in an Hour?
Since the bushes are so over-loaded with blueberries right now, it is very possible for someone to pick at least 8-10 pounds per hour, if not more. At $2 per pound donation to the church, that's upwards of $20 per hour per volunteer for the organization! By the way, in case you were wondering, commercial blueberry picking crews typically earn $1.25 per pound so offering $2 per pound is 60% more than the going rate in the marketplace.
Can Volunteers Bring Blueberries Home?
If the volunteers pay $5 per pound, they can absolutely take blueberries home with them. Our hope in providing this opportunity is to help raise money for non-profits. While we won't discourage the purchasing of blueberries, we want to encourage volunteers to view this activity as a service to their organization.
When is this Fundraising Opportunity available?
NOW! There is a very small window of time for this opportunity before the blueberries over-ripen. Therefore, this is only available Thursday, May 2, 2019 through Sunday, May 5, 2019.
Blueberry Picking Fundraising Opportunity Registration