One of the very first things a couple must decide after getting engaged, is where they are going to plan their Dream Wedding. Due to the many changes our world has faced over the past couple of years, this decision has become increasingly harder to make, leaving many couples feeling like the "spark" of their wedding just doesn't feel the same. They'd imagine an exotic vacation to a beautiful destination, or a romantic cruise with their closest family and friends, and are now forced with the realities that these options just might not pan out the way they would have liked.
So how do you plan a once in a lifetime event, that truly feels as magical as a Vacation with your favorite people? This is where "Staycation Weddings" save the day.
What is a Staycation Wedding?
Staycation Weddings are nothing new to the Wedding Industry, but this year is their time to truly shine. In simplest terms, a Staycation Wedding is when you plan an entire mini vacation around your date, and invite guests to do the same. Most involve multiday activities and events planned prior to the big Wedding Celebration. This allows local guests to get the same great experience as guests that are traveling from out of state, without asking people to break the bank with the many expenses involved in destination weddings.
Why Guests Love Staycation Weddings:
- Florida: In Feb 2020, The Knot listed Florida first in the Best United States Destination Wedding Spots. This means we already live in one of the best places for a Vacation Styled Wedding. Odds are, your guests work more than they play, so why not give them a true opportunity to enjoy all of the amazing things our state has to offer.
- Hidden Gems to Discover: Tourism is one of the leading economic industries in Florida. With billions of dollars made off tourism every year, the state never fails to supply unique and fun adventures and sites to explore. This means that even though you and your guests may live in Florida, you've likely never seen or done all of the wonderful things you know that we offer to those that are only visiting. Give your guests the ultimate excuse for taking off from their regular day to day lives, and supply them with some Florida Fun that they've never experienced!
- Less Travel Time & Fees: This reason is pretty self explanatory. Destination Weddings to other countries or states can become very costly for guests. The further away your wedding is, the more expensive the cost of the trip can become. And we aren't just talking about airline tickets or cruise fees, we are talking about the additional days your guests will need to take off work to factor in traveling there and back. A Staycation Wedding can be a very affordable way to get a lot of the same perks involved with a Destination Wedding, without the same expenses.
- More Time With You: Your Wedding Day is all about the people you love and care about joining together to celebrate this new chapter in your lives. But sometimes, it can be very difficult to find time to see and spend quality time with all of your guests. One of the main perks of a destination wedding is that it feels more like a weeklong celebration event, and less like a one day, it is over before you know it sort of thing. With Staycation Weddings, you are able to plan as many group activities as your heart desires. You can opt to do things with just your Bridesmaids in the morning, and then switch gears to the in-laws at lunch. With more days involved in the celebration, you have more of yourself to give; but in a calm and relaxing manner.
Why Couples Love Staycation Weddings
Many of the reasons Couples love Staycation Weddings are the same as the reasons their family and friends love them. Here we wanted to dive into a bit more detail on a few of the reasons Couples planning their Wedding Day love Staycation Weddings and why you might too!
- Dream Venue Selection: When planning a Destination Wedding, a lot of times "the Destination" becomes the most important part, and finding a Venue comes second. If you've read our Wedding Timeline Blog, you already know that one of the most important decisions you should make FIRST when wedding planning is selecting your venue. This helps you know what dates they have available, what inclusions they provide, and what you will or will not need to provide yourself. This also helps you to not feel forced to choose a "best available option" when you really want to choose a venue that gives you butterflies of excitement. The best venues will even provide suggestions on accommodations, restaurants, and local attractions.
- Less Stress More Fun: There are many perk to having a Staycation Wedding, but one of the biggest ones for our couples have been the amount of stress it relieves. Having more than a day or two to enjoy all of your guests while going through the typical hustle and bustle involved in the days leading up to your event, makes a HUGE difference. Plus if your guests are coming earlier or staying longer, this means you will not feel obligated to run around, trying to give your valuable time to everyone all at once. More Time Equals Less Stress Equals More Fun!!!
- Happy Guests: When we start putting together our personal wedding guest list, we are really writing down the people we want to surround us during this amazing time in our lives. By planning a Staycation, you are gifting your guests with an excuse to take time off work and enjoy themselves. It is a time to do new things with old friends and to create memories that everyone will cherish forever.
- More Adventures as a Couple: I truly cannot think of anything better than more time with each other during your wedding celebrations! Why should we only get one day to enjoy such a momentous occasion? Especially one that typically takes a years worth of planning? By planning a short Staycation prior to your wedding, you are gifting yourselves with more adventure and time together.
1. Do you live in a state that has Vacation Destinations nearby?
2. Do you want to spend extra time with guests, without the restrictions or costs of out of state travel?
3. Does exploring a new part of your state with your favorite people sound like fun?
4. Do you want ample time to spend with all of your out of town guests?
5. Do you want to include your local guests in your wedding festivities?
6. Does your dream venue have local amenities and attractions that interest you?
If you have read this blog and continuously thought to yourself, this sounds like such a fun idea, then I encourage you to look into hosting a Staycation Wedding further. With so many fun and exciting things to do in Florida, you cannot go wrong with a Staycation Wedding near any of the Ever After Farms barn locations. And be sure to check out our Beyond the Venue series featuring local attractions, amenities, and dining near each of our locations throughout the beautiful state of Florida.